Monday, September 25, 2006

The Most Beautiful Day

Today was the most beautiful day. Warm and sunny. The last hopes of summer leaving me as fall kicks in full time. The leaves are turning all colours at once and the sky was so blue.

I finished my book, made supper in advance so we wouldn't be rushed. Did laundry.

Had tea with my friend Carm. We do most Monday mornings during the school year. She has three young boys and a very chaotic household. Very different from my home. She has the most beautiful voice. She played the piano and sang for me. We went in search of a bank machine and then stopped at the local Christian bookstore. I could spend all day in there. Thankfully, I did not have my purse. My only beef is that I think the store is way overpriced and I don't like that. The fiction costs too much as does the resource material. Not very encouraging if you're on the fence about the subject material. We had a great time.

M's band practice was cancelled so she had an early afternoon. She's learning to "msn" and is loving talking to many people at once. I would have loved that when I was a teenager!

Had a small "disagreement" over homework after dinner but worked it out. And I'll be in bed by 10:00 pm.

A perfectly non-eventful, boring, nothing-happened-at-all day.

Gotta love it!

Sandy

2 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Sandy,

I for one love love love perfectly boring days. A lot! :-)

I'm like you. I could spend half a day just browsing in my favorite Christian bookstore but I also get discouraged at the prices. I guess if I were smart I'd make a list and see what I could find on Amazon but I so love brand new books.

I want to thank you for the nice comment you left on my "get your blog act together" post. I just reached the point where I had to choose between getting it back into the right place in my life or give it up altogether and I never want to stop. So thank you for understanding what I was trying to say.

Anonymous said...

You know this sounds like my kind of day.

I am so bad when it comes to bookstores and Christian bookstores especially, I could just walk around in them for hours :)

They ARE expensive and I tend to walk out feeling a little sad that I couldn't purchase much at all, but I still enjoy browsing :)