I've never done a Thursday Thirteen before, but I thought I'd give it a shot...
1. My Dad's in the hospital. He went in last Saturday. It's a very long story but although "he's a tough, old bird", quote from the doctor, he has major heart problems and all of his medications seemed to have caused some internal bleeding. He might be home today.
2. I've been going back and forth to the hospital.
3. I've been calling my sister who lives halfway across the country.
4. I've been talking to my Aunts (Mom's sisters)
5. I'm worried about my Mom. Both my parents have been so healthy for so long, that this is a major change in both their lifestyles. There are so many emotions: anger, resentment, fear, astonishment. My Dad did everything right and the entire town was shocked when he had his heart attack last year. You can't fight your genes.
6. I can't focus. I can't pray.
7. My sister can't focus and I feel bad for her being so far away.
8. My daughter's getting over a cold. But she didn't miss any school and aced her first two tests in French Immersion this week and I'm so proud of her!
9. Tonight is curriculum Night at school.
10. Did I mention I can't focus?
11. I made Chicken Tetrazzini yesterday, recipe from Diary of a Stay-at-Home Mom, and it was delicious! I don't like cooking so it was a big deal for me.
12. My Dad might be coming home today from the hospital. I hope so. He was supposed to come home yesterday and was SO disappointed he had to stay another night. There is nothing worse to hear your Dad be sad.
13. The Rolling Stones are playing here Saturday night. I know it might rain. But they've never been here before and I've never seen them and it's the Rolling Stones, but I'm a "grown-up", but it's the Rolling Stones and I'll never really see them, only on the screens, but it's Mick and Keith but my Dad's hopefully getting out of the hospital - can you tell I can't focus?
My Dad should be fine. He's receiving good care. I was watching 100 Huntley Street the other day and someone said, "if you're still breathing, God still has plans for you." Maybe God isn't quite ready for my Dad yet, maybe he has more plans for him here with us.
This 13 thing is great - helps me to (re) prioritize and get stuff off my chest. Thanks.