Sunday, September 24, 2006

Can't be a hermit anymore.

The older I get, I realize that I have real "hermit" tendencies :) You know, I just want to stay in my house, not talk on the phone , watch TV and read. It's not that I don't like people and busyness, but in the last few years I have had to really cut back on my life to reduce stress (for health reasons) and now I can hide away with the best of them.

But now I have a blog. It's the coolest thing. I have "met" people from all over - OK, so it's mostly the US. They have influenced my life and made different impacts and I can still feel connected while hiding in my house.

This past week has been great. I tried a recipe from Sandra and it was great. Now I'm going to try one from Barb and I'm really looking forward to it. I also picked up a book recommendation from Barb that I'm really enjoying. Bev included my Dad in her prayers and that was really needed and was so sweet. And I've laughed at Boomama's posts and comments about the songs from the 80s. It's amazing this bloggosphere. I can connect with people I will never meet. I know some people do meet and talk on the phone. The global world seems smaller to me now, usually I'm stuck in my part of it and that's all that affects me.

And Faithlifts, isn't that wonderful. People have so much experience and insight. I sit and nod at my computer like it is really talking to me...doesn't yours talk to you :)

I guess this is a "non-post", no theme or direct thought. I'll try for one tomorrow. I just wanted people to know that they are affecting me, in a good way of course, and I think that's really cool.

Sandy

3 comments:

Susie said...

Hi Sandy,
Just stopping in again to say hello!
(I first stopped in when I read your love story post).
I see you read some of the same blogs I do!
:-)

Girl Raised in the South said...

Honored to pray for you and your Dad. Really.

Susan (5 Minutes For Mom) said...

Yes, isn't blogging the greatest! I actually have real hermit tendencies too... which is so ironic b/c if you met me in person, I seem like a complete extrovert... and I am in some ways. But lots of times I'd rather watch TV, read or work on my websites. Mostly the latter.

I'm so glad you're enjoying Faith Lifts!!!