Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Lancaster County, PA

I just finished watching the news about the gunman who held hostage and killed several young Amish students (girls) in their own school.

Such unbelievable tragedy!

I can't even wrap my head around it.

A tight, caring community, living God's word and trying their best to stay away from the distractions of our modern society - this evil creeps into their world and changes it forever.

Yet all the news reports talk about their love for each other, how they will get through this, forgiveness and God's greater good and purpose.

We don't have any Amish communities in my province although we do have similar cultures.
This will affect all of them I'm sure.

We need to pray for the souls of the lost girls, the families and community left behind...and for the gunman's soul and his left-behind family - I'm sure they are struggling too.

We need to pray for each other.

Sandy

No comments: