I've been tagged Bev to do a Random 7 meme...hmmm, 7 random facts/habits:
1. I still check on my daughter every night before I go to bed - to make sure she's still breathing :). And yes, she will be 13 this August. But I'm sure if I went to bed without checking, I'd get up, so I may as well do it anyway.
2. I think I'm really addicted to sugar. I came by it honestly, but it's reached a whole new level - complete with withdrawal symptoms when I try to cut back. And I like the cheap, little-kids penny candy and only milk chocolate, none of that dark stuff.
3. I am honestly surprised how much I am still growing (and although "wider" counts, I was thinking more along the lines of "maturing"). I really thought that by 40 I'd have it all figured out and I'd would just "live-out" the rest of my years. However, now that I've made this discovery, the pressure is off to know what I am doing and I feel a great sense of freedom.
4. I am a LONG TERM PLANNER. My family long-term plans and I had a job for 7 years that was planning 3-24 months in advance at all times. So I have to work really hard to live in the present and enjoy it without knowing what's going on in the next few months.
5. Surprising to all, especially me, I'm becoming a decent cook. I have a love/hate relationship with food (I have IBS and Celiac Disease) and I can't smell, which affects the whole tasting/aroma thing. But thanks to bloggers and the inter-web I must say sometimes I even surprise myself :)
6. I am a speed-reading readaholic. It's my favorite thing ever. Books need to be at least 300 - 400 pages or they probably won't get read. I need at least 2-3 waiting at all times or I get antsy. I mostly read fiction, it's my escape. If I could be anything when I grow up, it would be a best-selling author. Some people are amazing story-tellers!
7. I love to sleep in - I mean seriously sleep-in. When I was a teenager my goal was to sleep in longer than my Dad (he only had one day a week to sleep-in). So I can stay in my bed, dozing off and on, sleeping or just lying there for hours. But I don't get to do that too often. And I am always amazed at how much can get done when you get up early on the weekends - not enough to get me up, but enough to keep me occasionally amazed :)
I'll tag seven people who's blogs I read: Sarah at In The Midst Of It, Carolyn at A Prairie View, Everyday Mommy, Rocking Chairs and Rainbows, A Chelsea Morning, Rocks in my Dryer and Welcome to Granny's House.
PS Don't forgot to keep praying for Heather and Kelli