Sunday, July 30, 2006

Christmas in July

I feel like it's Christmas in July. In fact, it's 2:00 am and I can't sleep just like Christmas Eve. I have made contact - a connection with someone. Sarah made a comment on my posting and I'm so thrilled. When I did this earlier today I didn't realize how much I wanted to "hear" from someone. But I checked all day - how stupid is that because how can anyone know that I'm out there! But someone read my post and told me so. YAH!

I am going to try and join the Tour of Homes as soon as I can figure it out. I know I'm past the date but I hope that's OK.

Is there any rule of thumb re: posting pictures of family, kids, etc? I'm such a newbie but I want to be safe.

Now maybe I'll be able to sleep!

Sandy zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 comment:

Sarah's In the Midst of It said...

Sandy, the best way you can get people to start coming to your site is to visit other people's and leave them comments. Don't lose heart; it takes a while to get people to start reading your blog. If, after a while of reading somebody's blog they still haven't commented, try someone else. Your best bet is to find other new bloggers who don't have tons of readers--they'll have fewer blogs to keep up with and will be able to respond to yours.

Also, finding other bloggers who have major things in common with you will help. I correspond with several women who have children with special needs, or were teachers, are pastors' wives, or have three children under 5 years old.

I hope this helps you get some regular readers. I never started blogging for anyone else to read what I'd written, I just did it to practice writing, but it sure does make it more rewarding!

Oh--another good idea is to participate in Rocks in My Dryer's Works-for-Me-Wednesday. Go to her site to get more info; you'll be linked to her each week, and other WFMW bloggers will be able to find your site, a lot like what Boomama did with the Tour of Homes:)